General Resources: A Starting Point
- Duke Libraries Racial Equity Book List: Duke Libraries curated this list as a resource for anyone seeking to learn more about anti-racism and racial justice.
- Living While Black Symposium: In June, the Offices of Institutional Equity and the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement co-hosted this day-long symposium of Black faculty, staff and students discussing their experiences with racism.
- Office for Institutional Equity’s Resources for Understanding and Confronting Racism and Its Impact: This extensive resource offers an overview of the systemic nature of racism and how it has an impact on the daily lives of so many in our country.
- Office for Faculty Advancement Racial Equity Plans and Resources: The Office for Faculty Advancement has curated extensive resources on engaging in self-care, faculty leadership, and reading and listening for change.
- The University Archives and the Medical Center Archives document Duke’s history from our founding to the present day. Research guides are available for Black History at Duke Health and Black History at Duke University.
Perspectives on Race & History
Part One: The Evolution of Racism in American History
Part Two: The Evolution of Racism in American History
A conversation between contemporaries about the impact of Race in their lives
A Conversation Reflecting on the Impact of Racism and Inequity on Black Community at Duke
- Request for Proposals for New Projects
- Duke Black Think Tank
- 2021 Faculty Advancement Seed Grants: “Confronting Racism and Bias: Fostering an Inclusive Community”
- Duke Civic Engagement Racial Equity Learning Arc
- Duke Office for Institutional Equity’s Resources for Understanding and Confronting Racism and Its Impact
- Faculty Advancement Racial Equity Plans and Resources
- Faculty Advancement and Success (FAS) Workshop Series 2020–2021
- Leading an Academic Unit at Duke (LAUD) Workshop Series 2020–2021
- Mary Lou Williams Center for Black Culture Training offerings
- Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity
- Teaching for Equity Fellows Program
- Systemic Inequality in the Discipline from the American Political Science Association
February 20, 2024
February 16, 2024
December 14, 2023
Friday, March 1, 2024 at 10:00am
Friday, March 1, 2024 at 12:00pm
Friday, March 1, 2024 at 1:15pm